Google Sites (http://sites.google.com) is a free and easy way to create web pages for intranets or class projects. As the creator, you control what's public, and what's private. Sites are simple to create and require no special knowledge of HTML or coding. You can easily integrate and embed documents, videos, calendars, surveys, etc. Sites can be shared amongst collaborators so multiple people can create content.
Google Sites in Education
- Create a class website, complete with calendars, document storage, videos for students to watch outside of class time, enable comments to encourage asynchronous discussion.
- Link to and embed resources for students to use for research.
- Students can collaborate on the creation of sites or work individually.
- US History group project: https://sites.google.com/site/lchsushistory/
- AP Government group project: https://sites.google.com/site/lchsapgovernment/
- Library resource page: https://sites.google.com/site/lchseaglesread/
Information compiled by Katie Plese
Updated on December 15, 2011